There’s nothing like having a relaxing day with no worries or to do lists weighing your mind down and being able to lay out with a great read and a great drink. I grew up an avid reader, but university life often left me too busy to concentrate on reading for fun during the year. Summer has been the time to scour bookstores and libraries for the latest reads to spend some spare time with. Two of my favourite authors have new novels out which I recently scooped up:
Bumped by Megan McCafferty-Author of my all-time favourite Jessica Darling series, McCafferty is back with a YA novel that’s a departure from her previous novels. Bumped focuses on recently reunited twin sisters who are growing up in a time where those out of their teens can’t conceive and teen pregnancy has become a commodity.
What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen–Another of my all-time favourite authors, Sarah Dessen is back with a novel about a teen girl moving from town to town with her father after her parents divorce.
I also have been compiling a list of reads for those lazy summer days, from breezy beach reads, compelling fiction, memoirs and more. What’s on your summer reading list?
1) SPOILED by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan
2) Moonglass by Jessi Kirby
3) Normal Gets You Nowhere-Kelly Cutrone
4) When God Was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman
5) Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
6) The Glass Castle- Jeanette Walls
7) Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me-Chelsea Handler
8) Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe
9) I’m Over All That-Shirley Maclaine
10) The Best Laid Plans by Terry Fallis