Once again lazy blogging comes from a busy life. Many things going on, unsure about where it’s all heading, so I have neglected updating ye old blog.
I have been enjoying the summer in the city, even if the city seems to have forgotten what sunshine is. So here’s the abridged version of what I’ve enjoyed in the past two-ish months:
- My first time attending Hot Docs!
- $2.50 Thursday drinks at Wide Open, a literal whole in the wall
- Seeing the satisfying, poignant third installment of the Before movies, Before Midnight and the hilarious apocalyptic flick This Is The End
- Willingly venturing to Parkdale for the yumminess that is Grand Electric
- Also willingly heading to Liberty Village for perusing West Elm (someone buy me all of the things) and delish local brunch at Mildrid’s Temple Kitchen
- Trinity Bellwoods afternoons (and subsequent sunburns)
- Many a patio drink
- A night at Cabana Pool Bar
- Speed reading my way through Lean In
- A wonderful but rainy Marina and the Diamonds concert
- Canada Day fireworks at Woodbine Beach (also a touch rainy)
- First Jays game of the season (They lost horribly. I thought they were doing well?!)
And my favourite, latest discovery? The Magnum Pleasure Store. Yes, that’s right, make your own freaking Magnum ice cream bar! The store is only around till July 28th, so get your ice cream-loving selves down to 11 Bloor Street West soon!
The summer is flying by but there’s still lots to do. I have yet to hit up the Toronto Islands this year, and I have two concerts to look forward to, Solange and Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z. Yes, that means I am seeing Beyonce’s sister and husband, but not B herself. If anyone would like to change that, please let me know.
What have you been checking out this summer? What’s still on your bucket list for summer ’13?